Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A quick glance on "Modern Expressions", the book

I am very excited about getting an advance copy of my book "Modern Expressions - creating fabulous and fashionable jewelry with easy-to-find elements" published by North Light books, a imprint of FW Media, by tomorrow.
This project has been my baby for the last 14 months and now that is a reality, I feel like another journey begins.
Appearances, workshops, book signings and more will rely on my ability to find the right venues so the promotion can be done right.  I have already talked with different businees partners and I am glad that there is a good network of people and companies that are willing to jin me to turn this book into a success.
I am posting below a cropped picture of the opening page of a chapter dedicated to SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS...the designs bring a different approach on combining components and I take a chance on some of my onw design skills. 
I will be sharing more of the book on the upcoming weeks.
Get ready and think about my book as a fabulous and fashionable gift for Christmas.

See you,

Fernando Dasilva.


On the spotlight crystals from SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS assortment.
Blue stringing wire  and silver-plated German style wire by BEADALON.


Image extracted from the book "Modern Expressions" by North Light Books, © 2010.
Photos by Christine Polomsky for FW Media. © 2010
Designs by Fernando Dasilva © 2010.