Monday, October 12, 2009

Components of the day



The components shown here are on my workstation today.
Among of those, the grey polyester chain from BEADALON® (I like to work with this chain because it can be cut easily, it can be used as spacers, is lightweight and adds texture), some really nice golden green coin pearls, 16mm round quartz beads(I cannot tell the real color of these beads...it was sokld to me as "kiwi" quartz but there is a lot of grey and muted blues onto it that I refuse to call it "kiwi"...I don't know how they come up with some of the names for stones...maybe the black spots resemble the black seeds on "kiwi... 
I love these oval grey links that opens easily. I selected a ready to use wrapped pendant (yes, it camea already wrapped) that is modern. I am  reluctant when it comes to center pieces because I don't like to create pieces that tells a story around a single piece just because sometimes during the design work I don't have a clear vision of what I want and I like to keep it open so the result can be surprising at the end. I am not saying that I never done that but I prefer not to.
I also like to incorporate cut out components into my designs..since "filigree" has returned so strong I am always looking for some interesting parts that can be easily covered by thread, wire or fiber...and with that  little beads are always welcome.

I don't know if this color palette is appealing enough but its my pick for the day...or at least for the begining of the day. See u next!

Fernando.