Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day at Maison Dasilva

After talking with my friend Katie Hacker (sidebar link) over the phone yesterday afternoon, I've realized that I had not make any design recently suitable for Valentine's Day. I mean, I had not designed a Valentine's Day inspired piece for my own signature line.
I did make two fabulous designs (I actually had might designed 3 pieces) inspired by Valentine's for John Bead Corp but I did not want to re-post designs that have recently featured on this blog.

Back to the main reason of this post, during my conversation with beading diva and TV hostess  Katie Hacker I remembered that I bought a pair of high end turquoise donut hearts 2 years ago, when I visited IGM in California...just perfect for the occasion.
The goood thing is that turquoise is such timeless gemstone and nothing better to step into the Spring with a fabulous and deep shade of blue.

Following fashion tendencies right now I mixed 2 metal shades, added texture and created a very sexy pair of earrings styled in the picture below coordinating with several strands of white gemstones - agate nuggets, faceted howlite and white coral....for an extra pizazz a delicate matte gold-plated heart chain by John Bead Corp. was wrapped around the triple strand necklace. Check your self  and tell me what you think.











Happy Valentine's Day !
Gemstones used: "almost" sleepy beauty turquoise donut hearts, faceted Chinese turquoise round bead and almandine garnet roundels. 
Metals:  gold-plated German style wire by Beadalon;  donut heart wrapped with gold-filled wire and carved rose ear-post in rhodium-plated over sterling silver.
Gold-plated matte heart chain by John Bead Corporation.


Photos and designs by Fernando Dasilva © 2011.