Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fernando Dasilva for John Bead Corporation


I have been developing a business relationship with John Bead Corp. from Canada for almost 3 years. We've meet during one of the CHA Shows when I was working at the Beadalon booth. Luckily our relationship has grown and after almost 2 years I finally started creating designs for them extending it to a partnership...I am basically creating samples pieces featuring most of their fabulous and well assorted line of jewelry supplies.
I have had the chance to visit with Wyatt their headquarters in Toronto and we both were mesmerized by the size of it and by the warmth reception we had. I think that works with nice people is half way of a successful result.
Those designs will be featured at some point on the "design gallery" on their website www.johnbead.com and eventually in other medias. 

I made a selection of my favorite ones to showcase not only my artmanship but the incredible selection of jewelry components that can be found in the market but many people don't know. I serious did not know about them away back and it's always important to have great sources that enable designers and hobbyists to turn into reality their inspirations.

And the best of all is that the design on the cover of my upcoming book showcases findings in sterling silver by them and is structured by more fabulous products that became a must have on my designer table - stringing wire, wire guardians™, bead bumpers™ and the fabulous and versatile polyester chain by Beadalon - the source for the high tech components ever...the first source. 




"Azzuro" - exploring textures in shades of blues and focusing on a large slice of agate as a pendant.



"Nine drops"- club time - a hip and young piece using lots of chain( not, not me?!) and an unusual color combo. Padparadscha SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS adds light and edginess.



"Iced branches" - simplicity of lines showcasing large bugle beads and SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS STAR BEADS. Silver and light gold to cheer up the upcoming season.



"Tranquine"- I explored a technique Wyatt taught me recently and I played with sizes and dimensions of Czech peacock beads accented by pink silk knots. Tierra Cast rings hold the fairly heavy piece together.



"Forest nymph" - actually always romantic on my design daily basis but we must be all in one...I found those filigree leaves at the JB showroom and couldn't let them go...a attach crystals and turquoise beads using silk and connected all leaves using resign links.



"Pearl vine" - circles of multicolored pearls inter wined together...SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS Cubes Beads break a little the circle mood. Frosted or white matte chain adds lightness to it.


"Victoria-regia"- named fater a huge Amazonian water Lilly this piece don't look like the flower itself but it's equally luscious and eye catching. Czech peacock dagger beads or drops are the highlight...I mixed blue and green and use #* carded silk blue with green beads and vice-versa...just to make it more intricate..technique is similar to the one used on  "Tranquine". Tierra Cast oval hammered links brings fun and artsy to the bush like section.



"Big love" - Well, life will not be complete without an entire piece highlighting SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS - on this piece lots of sparkles mixing Crystal Red Magma large hole Roundelles and large Heart Pendant, Siam Flower Pendants, and hues of Indian Pink and Crystal Silver Shade.
Red is always IN !


Designs by Fernando Dasilva for John Bead Corp.

All designs and pictures by Fernando Dasilva © 2010.