Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Strongest trend ever

Hello everybody! I am on the road and today I am blogging from Downtown- Los Angeles. I am @ the Garment  District walking around and watching the trends and new looks for the upcoming season.
Conveniently I have 2 designs to share with you featuring "chain"..yes...it might sounds boring but chain remains the strongest component in the jewelry making market. I cannot believe how many different styles and finishings I have already seen it and the day is not over yet.

Below is a bracelet I created for Beadalon using stringing wire as "spacing bars". The clasp is one of the "Upper Clasp" styles that is in the new Beadalon catalog. I added CRYSTALLIZED Swarovski Elements to bring that "treasure" style like to the multi-strand bracelet.






Next design is a necklace featuring heavy chain, sparking thread  wrapped around a small section of a star  key ring - talking about "stars",  according with WWD stars will be one of the hottest shape for Spring / Summer 2010...you can create chains of stars using jump rings to connect several them together. I added  two crystal red magma twisted stones by CRYSTALLIZED to jazz up the necklaine...SENSUALITEE equals LIBERTEE....



Have an expressive modernized day!!!