Monday, July 18, 2011

And the Winner Is

Hello everybody!
I am back in business. I am still recovering from my surgery but I am slowly getting back to my regular activities.

The winner of my last random drawing is Regina.  Congratulations, dahling! 
The name of the necklace designed for my book and featured in one of Beadalon latest ads is "Spatial Spheres". 

You will be getting a signed copy of my book "Modern Expressions" plus a surprise gift. 
Please, send me your directions so I can ship it to you in a couple of days.Email your info to: f_dasilva@comcast.net

Wait for more fabulous news! 








In the pictures above, myself demoing for John Bead Corp at Bead Fest in KOP last year. Those demos were one of the 2010 highlights for me. I usually only demo for Beadalon and SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS and there is already a comfort level established. Demos are tricky things and we don't  always get a good crowd.
Trade Shows tailored to the businesses offered a much better environment for a successful demo, but as you can see in the picture, sometimes the general public does want to pay attention and learn a little more. 
Considering that there are many people who remains clueless about the simplest jewelry making techniques, it was great to be able to share a little of my knowledge in a different space, surrounded by the JB's crew.

No comments: