Saturday, April 17, 2010

Donna Karan style

This morning I watched an interview with Donna Karan for the first time on "The View". The designer was promoting her Spring/Summer 2010 collection. I don't follow her work so I can't say that I'm a fan but I loved what she said about her inspiration for this collection...words like: airy, beachie, summer @ the Hamptons, organic, natural fibers...it was delightful to listen to her  and learn that we don't need to be so eloquent to talk about our work...sometimes few key words are enough and the work will speak for itself.

I loved that she is working with white, off white,  grey and touches of ultra light blues - the designer herself was all in black but incredibly her outfit screamed summer and I loved the jewelry. I took few pics of the TV...so the images are not sharp but good enough to feel DKNY™'s mood.

 

  Great shoes...great color palette...layers of clothes to be played with it.


The triple strand necklace is great and very casula chic. Impossible to tell what beads are those but I could swear to God that they are dyied shell, dyed bamboo coral or made out of rubber...large knots between...hmmmmmm...maybe I can find it on her website. Totally modern expressions.


I loved the gladiator sandals...we are definitely living on a Greek-Roman mood...
I never had doubt about her elegance I just never had watched her on TV before.
I might become a fan now.  

★★★★★